PICC is Hiring: Resource Development ManagerAug 16 2019 PICC Blog
The Pennsylvania Immigration and Citizenship Coalition (PICC) is a diverse coalition of over 50 member organizations across the state. Our mission is to advance immigrant rights and promote immigrants’ full integration into society by advocating with a unified voice for greater public understanding and welcoming public policies throughout Pennsylvania. PICC leads and supports campaigns to advance immigrant rights at the local, state, and federal levels; builds immigrant electoral power through voter registration and education; supports grassroots community-led organizations through training and capacity building; and helps increase access to immigration services through the PA is Ready! project.
The Resource Development Manager will lead the work of developing and implementing a movement-oriented fundraising strategy that ensures PICC’s sustainability and expands the resources available to community-led immigrant rights work in Pennsylvania. We are looking for someone with a deep commitment to building a community-led immigrant rights movement and ensuring that movement is adequately resourced.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with the Executive Director to create a fundraising plan and track progress toward achieving goals.
- Work closely with staff to track the most exciting and compelling work of the organization, supporting participatory learning processes, writing case studies, and documenting progress towards grant deliverables.
- Work closely with the Executive director to maintain and strengthen relationships with all funders and donors.
- Research new funding opportunities, particularly those that can support collaborative and movement-wide work.
- Design and maintain strong systems, tools, and records of all foundation data, and track communications, progress/next steps, agreements, and reporting requirements.
- Manage all proposal writing and reporting workflow with attention to detail, deadlines and strategy.
- Establish and manage a donor program that facilitates ally investment in building a statewide immigrant rights movement.
- Support staff members in one-to-one donor outreach.
- Manage the PA is Ready! participatory grantmaking process.
- Lead project manager for annual statewide immigrant rights convening.
Persons of color and from immigrant backgrounds strongly encouraged to apply.
Our ideal candidate has three to five years of fundraising experience in the non-profit field, is self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to anticipate organizational, workflow, and communications needs, and follow through on multiple projects/deadlines with minimal oversight. The Resource Development Manager will report to the Executive Director and work closely with senior staff. This is a full-time position and can be based anywhere in Pennsylvania.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the following:
- Experience and commitment to working with multicultural and immigrant communities
- Track record as a successful fundraiser in the non-profit field
- Experience as a project manager, including responding to multiple priorities in a timely manner
- Ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and compelling proposals
- Knowledge of immigrant rights issues and funders
- Experience with successful donor cultivation campaigns
- Interpersonal and communications skills, with an emphasis on the ability to navigate coalition dynamics and support the leadership of immigrant community members
- Ability to reliably track and report on project outcomes
- Experience facilitating collaborative decision-making processes
- Fluency in a language spoken within Pennsylvania’s immigrant communities (e.g. Spanish, Chinese, etc.)
- Familiarity with PowerBase and Asana, or similar
Salary & Benefits:
- All positions are paid according to the organization’s salary scale. Starting salary for this position is $40,000-$55,000 depending on experience.
- Benefits include full medical coverage, employer match 401k, assistance with immigration application fees, and paid vacation and sick leave.
Please submit resume and cover letter outlining why you are interested in working for PICC and your experience with fundraising via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Resource Development Manager”. All applications will be acknowledged with automatic reply, but only complete applications will be reviewed. No phone calls please.
Candidates selected for an interview will be asked to submit a 1-3 page writing sample, ideally of a proposal, case study, or other fundraising related writing you have personally written, and 3 professional references.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, with initial review beginning August 26, 2019.
Persons of color and from immigrant backgrounds strongly encouraged to apply. The Pennsylvania Immigration and Citizenship Coalition is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race or ethnicity, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation.