- About Us
- Our Work
- Advocacy & Organizing
- Civic Engagement
- Capacity Building & Leadership Development
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- PA is READY!
- Get Involved
- PA is Ready!
Federal Immigration Reform
Our immigration system is broken.
Instead of legal channels and orderly, screened entry, the current immigration system keeps families apart and has created a black market characterized by exploitation of undocumented workers, widespread use of fake documents, and increasingly violent smuggling cartels. We need legal channels to bring people out of the shadows, a system that people can go through and not around.
Congress must act to overhaul our immigration system by passing comprehensive immigration reform.
PICC supports comprehensive immigration reform that:
- Provides a clear pathway to citizenship for undocumented immigrants.
- Protects and promotes family unification.
- Prevents the exploitation of immigrant workers and includes comprehensive protections for all immigrant workers through better enforcement of labor laws.
- Restores fundamental due process and civil rights of immigrants.
- Promotes full integration of immigrants into U.S. society.
In November, 2012 PICC brought together a statewide coalition to advocate for comprehensive immigration reform. Read the full platform of the coalition.
While a comprehensive reform is the only way to truly fix our broken immigration system, PICC also supports smaller pieces of federal immigration legislation and administrative programs that will make a significant impact.
In 2014, PICC convened PA is READY, a statewide table of service providers and community organizations to prepare for the implementation of President Obama's executive action on immigration announced in November, 2014: Deferred Action for Parents of Americans (DAPA). Since its inception, PA is READY has educated over 3000 community members on DAPA.