Expanding Support for Immigrant Communities across PennsylvaniaSep 30 2021 General
Now in its sixth year, PA is Ready! is thrilled to announce its 2021 grant awards, totaling $339,313, to 22 groups serving communities across Pennsylvania.
PA is Ready! is an innovative, community-led network and participatory grantmaking fund rooted in and serving diverse immigrant and refugee communities across Pennsylvania. The overarching goal of the PA is Ready! network is to ensure that immigrant communities have the skills and resources necessary for building safe and welcoming communities that promote all residents’ well-being.
PA is Ready! uses a transformative grantmaking process that puts decision-making in the hands of organizers and service providers, who collectively determine funding priorities, selection criteria, and grant decisions. PA is Ready! is coordinated by the Pennsylvania Immigration and Citizenship Coalition. The Philadelphia Foundation hosts the pooled fund and provides technical assistance, fundraising support, and coordination around donor education.
In the 2021 PA is Ready! grantmaking cycle, 37 organizations submitted proposals totaling over $594,000. This year’s grant recipients will educate community members and allies about immigrant rights, build immigrant leadership and organizing strength, provide legal support for public campaigns centered on individual immigration cases, and collaborate to increase access to legal information and services in their communities.
Funded organizations include:
- African and Middle Eastern Center for Health and Development – Philadelphia
- AFRICOM and Nationalities Service Center – Chester, Dauphin, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia Counties
- Asian Americans United – Philadelphia County
- Bhutanese Community Association of Pittsburgh – Allegheny, Westmoreland, and Washington Counties
- Casa de la Cultura and Pennsylvania Immigration Resource Center – Adams County
- Casa San Jose – Allegheny, Lawrence, Westmoreland, Beaver, Butler, Washington, Indiana, Armstrong, and Washington Counties
- Ceiba and Esperanza immigration Legal Services– Philadelphia, Delaware, Montgomery, Bucks, and Lehigh Counties
- Comite de Apoyo a los Trabajadores Agricolas (CATA)– Chester County
- Council on American-Islamic Relationships (CAIR) – Philadelphia – Montgomery, Lehigh, Lancaster, Cumberland, Center, Allegheny, and Berks Counties
- Immigrant Rights Action Group of Doylestown and HIAS PA – Bucks and Montgomery Counties
- Juntos and Nationalities Service Center – Philadelphia and Montgomery Counties
- Movement of Immigrant Leaders of Pennsylvania (MILPA) – Dauphin, Delaware, Franklin, Lancaster, and Philadelphia counties
- New Sanctuary Movement of Philadelphia – Philadelphia County
- Project Libertad, Immigrant Psychology Network, and Healthcare Access – Chester, Montgomery, and Bucks Counties
- Vietlead and Free Migration Project – Philadelphia, Dauphin, Lancaster, and Montgomery Counties
- Woori Center – Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia Counties
PA is Ready! would not be possible without the support of our local and national institutional donors: Alfred and Mary Douty Foundation, S. Albert Fund of the Philadelphia Foundation, Samuel S. Fels Fund, Philadelphia Foundation, and Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees, who collects and distributes national funds.