Join PICC’s Team: Capacity Development DirectorJan 13 2021 PICC Blog
The Capacity Development Director will be focused on helping PICC answer the question: how do we build the organizational capacity, individual leadership, and infrastructure of our movement so that immigrant communities can access the services they need and have powerful vehicles for creating systemic and structural change?
The Capacity Development Director will lead the work of developing and implementing a movement-oriented capacity building strategy that includes a robust public education program, leadership development, and providing organizational development support. The Capacity Development Director serves as a member of PICC’s leadership team and shapes strategic thinking for the organization, including program development, communications, and planning. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a flexible and team-oriented approach to problem solving, and be excited about building movement infrastructure. Roles and responsibilities of the Capacity Development Director will include:
- Develop and lead a robust public education program connected to PICC’s advocacy and campaign priorities
- Coordinate the Community Navigator program, including hosting regular trainings and supporting a network of program graduates
- Design training programs for leadership development
- Work closely with staff to track the most exciting and compelling work of the organization, support participatory learning processes, and write case studies
- Primary coordinator the annual Welcoming Schools survey and report
PA is Ready! Network and Fund
- Support PA is Ready! grantees to help ensure successful completion of all projects and outcomes
- Develop and lead program to provide organizational development support to PA is Ready! network partners and PICC members
- Assist with the hiring and training of staff members
- Primary supervisor of 1-2 staff members and/or interns
- Collect and report data on agreed project outcomes
- Represent PICC at local, regional, and national events
Persons of color and from immigrant backgrounds strongly encouraged to apply. This position can be based anywhere in Pennsylvania and will require some travel statewide. This is a full-time position with occasional weekend and evening hours.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the following:
- Experience and commitment to working with multicultural and immigrant communities
- Coalition coordination skills and ability to build relationship of trust with long-term allies
Salary & Benefits:
- All positions are paid according to the organization’s salary scale based on role responsibilities. Starting salary for this position is $60,000.
- Benefits include full medical coverage, 5% employer match 401k, wellness program, and paid vacation and sick leave.
Please submit resume and cover letter outlining why you are interested in working for PICC via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Capacity Development Director”. All applications will be acknowledged with automatic reply, but only complete applications will be reviewed. No phone calls please. References will be requested upon interview.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, with a final deadline of February 15, 2021.
Persons of color and from immigrant backgrounds strongly encouraged to apply. The Pennsylvania Immigration and Citizenship Coalition is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race or ethnicity, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation.