PICC is Hiring – Western PA Program StaffAug 8 2018 General
The Pennsylvania Immigration and Citizenship Coalition (PICC) is a diverse coalition of over 50 member organizations across the state. Our mission is to advance immigrant rights and promote immigrants’ full integration into society by advocating with a unified voice for greater public understanding and welcoming public policies throughout Pennsylvania. PICC leads and supports campaigns to advance immigrant rights at the local, state, and federal levels; builds immigrant electoral power through voter registration and education; supports grassroots community-led organizations through training and capacity building; and helps increase access to immigration services through the PA is Ready! project.
The Western PA Program Staff will be responsible for moving forward PICC’s Capacity Building Program and advocacy work in Allegheny County and beyond. Through our Capacity Building Program, PICC aims to develop the skills and capacity of our member organizations, community leaders, and allies to advance immigrant rights. This includes coordinating workshops and trainings in partnership with local grassroots partners and developing community education materials. The Program Staff will also support ongoing advocacy efforts; cultivate long-term relationships with partner and member organizations; and identify new strategic partnerships.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Developing and coordinating regular community-based workshops and trainings
- Building resilient and long-lasting relationships with coalition partners, including grassroots community organizations, faith-based groups, service providers, and governmental agencies
- Coordinating local coalition meetings with PICC members and partners
- Developing public education materials and resources on immigration policy
- Leading community outreach and education efforts
- Attending and participating in required educational programs, staff meetings, and national learning calls
- Collecting and reporting data on agreed project outcomes
- Representing PICC at local and regional events
The ideal candidate will have a background in community organizing, be highly motivated, organized, comfortable working independently, and adept at solving problems. This position is based in Pittsburgh.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the following:
- Experience and commitment to working with multicultural and immigrant communities
- Experience developing training materials/curriculum and leading trainings and workshops
- Coalition coordination skills and ability to build relationship of trust with long-term allies
- Ability to work independently and to set and meet deadlines and benchmarks without external prompting
- Interpersonal and communications skills, with an emphasis on ability to navigate coalition dynamics and support the leadership of immigrant community members
- Organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple priorities at once
- Understanding of issues impacting immigrants at the local, state, and national level
- Fluency in a language spoken within Pennsylvania’s immigrant communities (e.g. Spanish, Chinese, etc.)
- Ability to reliably track and report on project outcomes
- Willingness to travel within Pennsylvania and to regional and national events
Salary & Benefits:
- 40 hours per week including some evening and weekend hours
- Starting salary is based on the organization’s salary scale according to job responsibilities. This position will qualify for a salary between $35,000-$40,000, depending on experience of applicant
- Benefits include medical coverage, employer match retirement, and paid vacation and sick leave
Please submit resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com with the subject line “Western PA Staff”. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. No phone calls please. References will be requested upon interview.
Persons of color and from immigrant backgrounds strongly encouraged to apply. The Pennsylvania Immigration and Citizenship Coalition is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race or ethnicity, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability or sexual orientation.