2018 PA is Ready! GrantsJun 13 2018 PICC Blog
Following an evaluation and reflection process with current and past grantees, PA is Ready! created a funding framework for 2018 that reflects the changing needs of immigrant and refugee communities in Pennsylvania. Organizations applied for Community Safety Grants, Strategic Legal Partner Grants, or Collaborative Project-based Grants.
Community Safety Grant recipients will implement a coordinated, community-based response to heightened immigration enforcement that aims to educate community members and allies about immigrant rights, support for immigrant neighbors, and building immigrant leadership and organizing strength. Funded organizations serving a wide range of communities will form a learning cohort that will convene regularly throughout the year. Recipients and their service areas are:
- Asian Americans United (AAU), Philadelphia County
- Casa San Jose, Pittsburgh and surrounding counties
- Church World Service-Lancaster, Lancaster, PA
- Comite de Apoyo a los Trabajadores Agricolas (CATA), Chester County
- Movement of Immigrant Leaders of Pennsylvania (MILPA), Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin and York Counties
- VietLead, Philadelphia, Bucks, Delaware and Montgomery Counties
The following Strategic Legal Partners will work with the above organizations to identify and provide legal support for public campaigns centered on individual immigration cases.
- Free Migration Project
- HIAS Pennsylvania
- Justice at Work (formerly Friends of Farmworkers, Incs.)
- Nationalities Service Center
- Pennsylvania Immigration Resource Center
Finally, legal services and community-based organizations will partner on Collaborative Projects to increase access to legal information and services in their communities. Grant recipients and their service areas are:
- Bhutanese Community Association of Pittsburgh and Jewish Family & Community Services, Allegheny County
- Ceiba and Esperanza Immigration Legal Services, Philadelphia County
- Coalition of African and Caribbean Communities (AFRICOM) and Nationalities Service Center, Philadelphia, Montgomery, and Chester Counties
- Immigrant Rights Action Group of Doylestown and HIAS PA, Bucks, Montgomery Counties
- International Service Center and Pennsylvania Immigration Resource Center, Dauphin and York Counties
- Juntos and Nationalities Service Center, Philadelphia County
- Project Libertad and HIAS PA, Chester and Montgomery Counties
PA is Ready! would not be possible without the support of our local and national donors: Alfred and Mary Douty Foundation, Claneil Foundation, JPB Foundation, Lancaster County Community Foundation, Patricia Kind Family Foundation, S. Albert Fund, Samuel S. Fels Fund, The Philadelphia Foundation, the Ford Foundation, and Open Society Foundations.