We are excited to invite you to the third annual Statewide Immigrant and Refugee Rights Convening!
May 20-21, 2018
Hilton Harrisburg, Harrisburg PA
The theme of PICC’s 2018 Statewide Immigrant and Refugee Rights Convening is “Building Local Power.” In the face of an extreme anti-immigrant agenda at the federal and state levels, it is more important than ever to build alliances among immigrant and refugee communities and allies. Through local coalitions and partnerships we can build the power to defend our communities and fight for the policies we need.
This Convening will bring together members of the immigrant and refugee communities, grassroots organizations, advocates, and allies from across the state, and will include workshops, networking sessions, and opportunities to meet with legislators to educate them on issues important to immigrant and refugee communities.
We will be updating this page as we confirm workshops and speakers.
Topics to be covered include:
- Community-based strategies to resist and defend against increased enforcement
- How municipalities and counties can lead the way in creating a more welcoming state
- Building political and electoral power for immigrant and refugee communities
- Strategies to fight for pro-immigrant policies in unfriendly political times
- General Attendance: $110 – For all advocates and allies who are not PICC members.
- PICC Member Rate: $75 – For PICC individual members and employees/volunteers of PICC member organizations.
- Community Member/Group Rate: $45 – For low-income immigrant and refugee community members and group rate for community-based organizations.
We are offering early-registration discounts for all registrations made prior to April 2! All tickets include admission for both Sunday and Monday events and meals.
Group Registration: If your community-based organization is interested in bringing a group (5+), you can register online, or contact us directly.
Hotel Reservations: The 2018 Convening will be held at the Harrisburg Hilton just blocks from the State Capitol. The hotel is offering a discounted rate for Convening participants for both Saturday and Sunday nights. Please place your reservations online using the code ‘PICC’.
Scholarships: We are offering a limited number of scholarships to assist with transportation and hotel costs for those with limited financial resources. Apply today!