Now Hiring: Development Coordinator and Executive Assistant positions.
The Pennsylvania Immigration & Citizenship Coalition (PICC) is a diverse coalition of member organizations that span across Pennsylvania. Our membership includes community groups, social, health and legal service providers, advocacy organizations, labor unions, and faith communities. PICC plays a unique role as the only statewide coalition in Pennsylvania that brings together organizations and individuals representing different ethnicities, immigration statuses, faiths, and other backgrounds, to work collectively on immigrant rights in Pennsylvania.
Employment Type: Full-Time, Exempt
WHO YOU ARE: The Development Coordinator will lead the work of developing and implementing a movement-oriented fundraising strategy that builds PICC’s sustainability by strengthening the relationship of communities and funders to immigrant rights work in Pennsylvania.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to create a fundraising plan and track progress toward achieving goals;
- Support the Executive Director in maintaining and strengthening relationships with all funders and donors;
- Design and maintain strong systems, tools, and records of all foundation data, and track communications, progress/next steps, agreements, and reporting requirements;
- Manage all grant proposal writing and reporting workflow with attention to detail, deadlines, and strategy;
- Research new funding opportunities, particularly those that can support collaborative and movement-wide work; and
- Collaborate with other PICC team members on executing a communications strategy, including PICC member emails, annual reports, and social media.
- Passion for working as part of the immigrant rights movement;
- Experience with fundraising in the non-profit field;
- Skilled at multitasking and honoring multiple priorities in a timely manner;
- Ability to write clearly, concisely, and persuasively;
- Interpersonal and communications skills, with an emphasis on working collaboratively on team projects and clearly setting expectations and roles; and
- Ability to reliably track and report on project outcomes.
- At least 2 years of fundraising or other relevant work experience;
- Experience with successful donor cultivation campaigns;
- Ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and compelling proposals;
- Ability to reliably track and report on project outcomes;
- Understanding of community organizing, coalition dynamics, or issue-based advocacy campaigns;
- Fluency in a language other than English, reflective of Pennsylvania’s immigrant communities.
- Familiarity with Excel, Google applications, PowerBase, Asana, or other similar database or project management tools.
What we offer:
- The minimum starting salary for this position is $50,000 and may scale upwards if significant experience to $65,000. PICC prides itself on having an equitable, transparent, and values-based pay scale for all its employees and strives to maintain a process to ensure pay equity at all levels of the organization.
- Competitive benefits package which includes full medical coverage, 5% employer 401k match, an annual individual wellness fund ($2,000), paid vacation, mental health days, and sick leave.
This is a full-time position with occasional weekend and evening hours.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume with a short introductory letter answering the following questions to email@example.com with the subject line “Development Coordinator”:
Employment Type: Part-time, Exempt
WHO YOU ARE: A critical part of the PICC team working closely with the Executive Director, responsible for managing the schedule and communications, to maximize efficient leadership of the organization and support organized internal and external engagement by the Executive Director.
- Manage and maintain the Executive Director’s schedule;
- Review and prioritize incoming correspondence for the Executive Director, including responding
on behalf of the Executive Director when appropriate;
- Collect, organize, and submit Executive Director’s expenses on a monthly basis;
- Coordinate travel arrangements as needed;
- Coordinate scheduling of Board of Directors’ Committee and Board meetings;
- Assist in preparing and coordinating Board meetings and save Board Google Drive materials onto the server on a monthly basis;
- Other duties as assigned based on capacity.
- Ability to work independently, communicate directly, and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining accuracy and efficiency;
- Proactive, detail-oriented, and extremely organized;
- Excellent time-management skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, discretion, and professionalism;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Willingness to work in-office at least once a week (remote option)
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Fluency in a language other than English.
- Previous administrative support experience or 2 years of other relevant experience;
- Familiarity or prior experience working in coalitions or managing external partnerships;
- Extremely tech savvy, with full proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (primarily Outlook, Teams, DropBox, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Drive, and Zoom;
What we offer:
- The hourly rate is $20.00 – $25.00 per hour based on experience.
- Capacity to work no less than 20 hours per week.
This position is based in Philadelphia and will require some travel statewide. This is a part-time position with occasional weekend and evening hours.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume with a short introductory letter answering the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Executive Assistant”:
All applications will be acknowledged with an initial automatic response, but only complete applications will be reviewed.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Persons of color and from immigrant backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is based in Philadelphia and will require some travel statewide. The Pennsylvania Immigration & Citizenship Coalition is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race or ethnicity, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation.