#StoptheHate Educational Webinars
PICC is committed to the education and engagement of allies in our work. Our #StoptheHate Educational Webinars are the main platform for allies across the Commonwealth to become engaged in our advocacy initiatives and learn how they can take action to advance immigrant rights in a way that centers the needs of immigrant communities. During our #StoptheHate Educational Webinars, PICC staff review pending legislation and give a short presentation on a relevant topic in immigration.
- Legislative Overview: PICC staff members summarize the key provisions in bills under consideration in Harrisburg and/or Washington that would impact – either positively or negatively – immigrant and refugee communities. Allies leave the conference call with a clear idea of how these proposed bills would impact immigrant and refugee communities and with talking points and well-defined action steps they can take to advocate for or against these bills. Our #StoptheHate – 2019-2020 Anti-Immigrant Legislation page provides a comprehensive summary of all anti-immigrant bills introduced in Pennsylvania.
- Immigration Presentation: After reviewing pending bills, a PICC staff member or other invited expert on the subject will give a short presentation on a relevant topic in immigration. These presentations are meant to help allies better understand our current immigration system and issues affecting immigrant and refugee communities as to be more effective advocates for pro-immigrant legislation. Past presentations can be accessed below. Visit our calendar of events to learn about future webinar dates. Disclaimer: All presentations produced by PICC and its partners are intended for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice.
- Public Charge - May 10th, 2019
- 4-12-2019 DED Extension for Liberians
- 3-8-19 Pennsylvania State Police/ICE Collaboration Policy
- 2-15-19 Southeast Asian Deportation
- 1-25-19 2019 Policy Priorities (Pt. 2)
- 1-12-19 2019 Policy Priorities (Pt. 1)
- 12-7-18 Election Debrief
- 11-2-18 Temporary Protected Status Update
- 10-5-18 Adoptee Citizenship
- 9-7-18 Civic Engagement
- 8-3-18 Supporting Immigrant's Mental Health
- 7-5-18 The Travel Ban Decision & Family Separation
- 6-1-18 U.S. Asylum Law & the Separation of Families
- 5-4-18 Immigrant Detention & Neighbor Fund
- 4-20-18 Shut Down Berks Coalition
- 4-6-18 Welcoming Schools Policies
- 3-23-18 A Short and Unofficial Primer on E-Verify