#StoptheHate Conference Calls
PICC is committed to the education and engagement of allies in our work. Our biweekly #StoptheHate Conference Calls are the main platform for allies across the Commonwealth to become engaged in our advocacy initiatives and learn how they can take action to advance immigrant rights in a way that centers the needs of immigrant communities. During our biweekly #StoptheHate Conference Calls, PICC staff review pending legislation and give a short presentation on a relevant topic in immigration.
- Legislative Overview: PICC staff members summarize the key provisions in bills under consideration in Harrisburg and/or Washington that would impact – either positively or negatively – immigrant and refugee communities. Allies leave the conference call with a clear idea of how these proposed bills would impact immigrant and refugee communities and with talking points and well-defined action steps they can take to advocate for or against these bills. Our 2017-2018 PA Legislative Session Toolkit provides a comprehensive summary of all anti-immigrant bills introduced in Pennsylvania.
- Immigration Presentation: After reviewing pending bills, a PICC staff member or other invited expert on the subject will give a short presentation on a relevant topic in immigration. These presentations are meant to help allies better understand the deficiencies of our current immigration system as to be more effective advocates for pro-immigrant legislation. Past presentations can be accessed below. Visit our calendar of events to learn about future call dates. Disclaimer: All presentations produced by PICC and its partners are intended for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice.
- 6-2-17 Tuition Equity
- 8-11-17 Immigration History
- 8-25-17 Criminalization and Detention
- 9-22-17 Responding to Hate
- 10-16-17 Undocumented Americans
- 10-6-17 PA Legislation Review
- 11-3-17 Digital Privacy Rights of Immigrants
- 11-17-17 Temporary Protected Status
- 12-1-17 Review of Muslim Bans
- 12-15-17 Employment-Based Immigration
- 1-12-18 Effective Legislative Advocacy
- 1-26-18 Guide to Sanctuary Policies
- 2-9-18 Family-Based and Diversity Visas
- 2.23.18 Farmworkers
- 3-9-18 Humanitarian Forms of Immigration Relief
- 3-23-18 A Short and Unofficial Primer on E-Verify
- 4-6-18 Welcoming Schools Policies