2016 Immigrant & Refugee Advocacy DayDate: Jan 1 1970, 12:00 am
PICC is hosting our annual Immigrant & Refugee Advocacy Day on Monday, April 11th, 2016. This event will bring together immigrant and refugee communities, advocates and allies for a short advocacy training in the morning and visits to legislators in the afternoon.
Our advocacy priorities for visits this year will be:
- Educating legislators about the contributions of immigrant and refugee communities to Pennsylvania
- Asking legislators to support:
- PA Dream Act. A proposal to provide tuition equity and access to financial aid for all students, regardless of immigration status
- Driver’s license bill. A proposal to allow all residents of Pennsylvania to obtain a driver’s license, regardless of immigration status
- Raising the minimum wage
- Fair and adequate funding for public schools
- Depending on interest, PICC will be organizing limited transportation to Harrisburg. Register today so we can plan ahead!
- Please bring a bag lunch, or plan on eating in the cafeteria in the Capitol Building
- Remember to wear comfortable walking shoes!
For more information, contact Sundrop Carter email@example.com