Every two years PICC member organizations come together to choose the organization’s advocacy issue priorities. PICC staff chooses, with the guidance of members, specific policies and campaigns under those issues that further the overall goals of PICC.
On May 8, 2017 PICC members chose four issues as the core issue priorities for 2017-2018.
- Enforcement Resistance: Fighting back against the deportation machine by passing local policies that limit law enforcement collaboration with ICE and reduce the criminalization of immigrants and communities of color.
- Education Justice: Ensuring that immigrant and refugee students have access to safe and welcoming schools that address their unique needs. This includes supporting passage of tuition equity policies, language access, and fair and adequate funding for schools.
- Access to Driver’s Licenses: Advocating for access to uniform or unmarked licenses for all drivers in Pennsylvania regardless of immigration status
- Worker Rights & Employment: Supporting policies that combat worker exploitation and improve conditions for immigrant and refugee workers throughout Pennsylvania.
In addition to working on campaigns in the above issue areas, PICC monitors proposals targeting immigrant and refugee communities at the local, state, and federal level and coordinates collective defense to ensure that these proposals do not become law.
PICC is also committed to supporting other issues important to immigrant and refugee communities:
- Advocating for just and humane federal immigration policies, including comprehensive immigration reform and the Dream Act
- Improving access to health care for immigrant communities
- Increasing language access to public services for limited English speakers