Join the PICC Team!Nov 11 2019 PICC Blog
Resource Director – Applications Due March 22, 2020
Persons of color and from immigrant backgrounds strongly encouraged to apply. The Pennsylvania Immigration and Citizenship Coalition is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race or ethnicity, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation.
The Resource Director will be focused on helping PICC answer the question: how do we build the organizational capacity and infrastructure of our movement so that immigrant communities can access the services they need and have powerful vehicles for creating systemic and structural change?
The Resource Director will lead the work of developing and implementing a movement-oriented fundraising and capacity building strategy that includes leadership development, organizational capacity building, ensuring PICC’s sustainability, and expanding the resources available to community-led immigrant rights work in Pennsylvania. The Resource Director serves as a member of PICC’s leadership team and shapes strategic thinking for the organization, including fundraising, communications, and planning. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a flexible and team-oriented approach to problem solving, and be excited about building a fully-resourced immigrant rights movement.Roles and Responsibilities of the Resource Director will include:
PA is Ready! Network and Fund
- Provide guidance and support to help the PA is Ready! network achieve the goals of increasing access to immigration services, building immigrant leadership, and increasing organizational capacity
- Facilitate the annual PA is Ready! participatory grantmaking process
- Conduct funder education, including presentations and creating materials about the PA is Ready! model and successes
Capacity Building & Fundraising
- Oversee development of PICC’s capacity building program, including creating toolkits, trainings, and research reports
- Lead project manager for annual statewide immigrant rights convening
- Work closely with staff to track the most exciting and compelling work of the organization, supports participatory learning processes, and writes case studies
- Work closely with PICC’s leadership team to develop and implement the organization’s fundraising plan
- Research and pursue funding opportunities that increase funding for collaborative and movement-wide work
- Assist with the hiring and training of staff members
- Primary supervisor of 1-2 staff members and interns
- Collect and report data on agreed project outcomes
- Represent PICC at local, regional, and national events
Persons of color and from immigrant backgrounds strongly encouraged to apply. This position can be based anywhere in Pennsylvania and will require some travel statewide. This is a full-time position with occasional weekend and evening hours.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the following:
- Experience and commitment to working with multicultural and immigrant communities
- Track record as a successful fundraiser in the non-profit field
- Experience as a project manager, including responding to multiple priorities in a timely manner
- Experience facilitating collaborative decision-making processes
- Ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and compelling proposals
- Interpersonal and communications skills, with an emphasis on the ability to navigate coalition dynamics and support the leadership of immigrant community members
- Ability to reliably track and report on project outcomes
- Fluency in a language spoken within Pennsylvania’s immigrant communities (e.g. Spanish, Chinese, etc.)
- Familiarity with PowerBase and Asana or similar
Salary & Benefits:
- All positions are paid according to the organization’s salary scale. Starting salary for this position is $50,000.
- Benefits include full medical coverage, employer match 401k, and paid vacation and sick leave.
Please submit resume and cover letter outlining why you are interested in working for PICC and your experience with fundraising via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Resource Director”. All applications will be acknowledged with automatic reply, but only complete applications will be reviewed. No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, with a final application deadline of March 22, 2020.
Candidates selected for an interview will be asked to submit a 1-3 page writing sample, ideally of a proposal, case study, or other fundraising related writing you have personally written, and 3 professional references.